WELCOME TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of the college is playing a very important role in developing the entrepreneurial abilities among the students by inculcation, development, and polishing of entrepreneurial skills needed to establish and successfully run his / her enterprise. Three Days Entrepreneurship Development Programmes are conducted on an annual basis in association with Regional Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Chandigarh with an objective to:
To build awareness amongst the students about alternative options and entrepreneurial opportunities for their career.
To familiarize the students with the Basic requirement of developing self and the opportunities for setting up their own ventures in any field of activity.
To familiarize the students with the various support agencies, their role, functions, schemes and incentives available to start small industrial / service oriented activities.
To motivate the students to consider self-employment as their career option.
The following input-capsules is provided to the participants under the EDPs:
* Need of Such Programme & Programme Objectives
* Entrepreneurship - How Challenging It Is
* Entrepreneur - Enterprise Match
* Entrepreneurial Qualities & Competencies
* Entrepreneurial Opportunities
* Govt. vision of Make in India, Start up India and Stand up India
* New policies of Govt. to promote MSME
* Whom to Contact For What?
* DIC - Role & Functions, Schemes & Incentives for setting up of MSME Units
* SIDBI - Role & Functions, Schemes & Incentives for setting up of MSME Units
* Schemes of various Departments
* Banking Norms/Schemes incentives
* How Much Finance Is Available
* Experience Sharing - Successful Entrepreneur
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
● A National webinar on ‘Time Management: A Key to Crack Civil Services Exam’ was organized on Jan. 05, 2021 in which 100 students participated. Dr Shashikala Atulkar, Deputy Director, Department of Employment and Training was the keynote speaker.
● The Entrepreneurship and Development Cell In collaboration with the Post Graduate Dept. of Commerce organized a National webinar on Jan. 25, 2021 on the topic ‘How to be a successful GST Practitioner’ Sh. Mastan Singh, the keynote speaker and alumnus discussed the
various ways to become a successful GST practitioner and also explained in detail the GST concepts, its provisions, implications and application of concurrent dual structure prevalent in GST, IGST, CGST SGST (its implication and application).
● In collaboration with the Post Graduate Department of Commerce and Regional Centre for Entrepreneurship Development and Entrepreneurship Development Programme was organized from March 18-20, 2021 for the students of the college. The programme was organized under the aegis of the Department of Industries, Chandigarh Administration. The details of the event are given below:
First Day: In the first session, Mr Balbir Singh elaborated the need for entrepreneurship to accelerate the pace of industrialization to balance regional development, creation of employment opportunities and becoming economically independent. Sh. Tarun Banerjee in thesecond session of Day 01 highlighted improving the entrepreneurial competencies to seek the opportunity and take the initiative to transform them into business situations.
Second Day: Mr Paramjit Singh and Dr J.S. Saini addressed the students on the second day of the programme. Mr Paramjit Singh in Session 1 discussed various incentives and government schemes to establish industries particularly in the backward regions of the country. He elaborated on the need to bolster entrepreneurship in India and to assist emerging start-ups financially. Dr J.S. Saini in Session 2 discussed various ways to identify opportunities for business growth and survival and launch their startups with a feasible idea.
Third-Day: Mr. H.D Kohli in the first session of the third day explained the banking sector norms and the ways to access the working capital requirements. In the second half of the session, Mrs. Geeta Mehra explained various ways to identify opportunities giving special reference to food technology.